The Journal is an online collection of articles and essays written and curated by Thomas W Coombs, published bi-annually.

Once you have read the issue, see the Curated Articles of Note section for some great words from elsewhere on the sartorial web.

Sign Up to the Mailing List Here and receive an exclusive article to your inbox with each issue along with an email only issue in the summer.

You can follow Thomas W Coombs on Instagram

Issue 27; Merry Christmas 2019

As Christmas is only round the corner, Wednesday to be precise, then it is time to say goodbye to another year of blogging and videos and generally keeping myself from going mad.  And the yearly question of do I continue?

This is the yearly decision I make and to be honest a lot of thought goes into it, it has been years now that this has happened.  Even thought the blog has changed and grown over the years it has existed for sometime now. On the side of this I have been trying to write a book, total fiction but blogging takes up the time I could be writing the story.  And with more ideas hitting my brain I think I need to get a move on. But this doesn’t mean I have made my decision.

The last few weeks I have had complete block when it comes to what to blog about and what subject or discussion to record videos on.  I have one more episode of “Saturday Mornings with Tom” to record and I have been blank, completely. For a writer and creative person this is the worst thing ever.  But you can’t force ideas to come to you.

So the thoughts of whether to continue or not with blogging goes on, what do I keep, what do I put to the side, what do I leave on the shelf to gather dust to get later on.  I enjoy writing about things but lifestyle is an odd course when you also write fiction. I had enough of constant music writing, film is done by much better people than me. So where do I go from here?

Only time will tell on this one, and like I have mentioned I have not made my mind up yet on what to do, but I will be taking a break through January as per normal whilst I make notes of possible articles and put my mind to other things.  Like doing a half marathon trek around London on the 19th of January. And maybe getting some chapters written of my first book, which is and has been for sometime, seventy five percent through the first draft.

To finish I would like to say thank you to you, my readers, who come back again and again to check out my nonsense.  If you haven’t already check out my short Christmas story on the next post. And have a very Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays and I wish you and your families a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

Thomas x